DisabilityCo Supported Employment Grant
Supporting people with disability in meaningful work experience
Do you have a disability and currently looking for work experience? Perhaps, thinking about starting your own business or maybe you’re just after more training and learning courses to build your CV?
We are offering $2000 grant
The Disability Company is proud to award a $2000 grant to support the career development of someone with disability in our community. The grant is made possible by the profits from our Care and Respite Services. As an organisation, we are committed to providing good quality work outcomes for people in our community.
The aim of the funding grant is to support an individual’s chosen pathway into employment. It is known that young people with disability face different experiences in transitioning from school into the workplace. Particularly once they have left or completed secondary school in the early years, getting meaningful work experience and securing paid employment is not always easy. The DisabilityCo Supported Employment Grant is designed to assist in additional costs involved to travel to and from work shifts, to support an individual during a voluntary work experience such as volunteering or internships, and for those needing extra funds to start their own business. At The Disability Company, it is important for us to give back to our clients and the community.
How you can benefit from the DisabilityCo Grant
- Help with study course fees for upskilling, such as LinkedIn Learning and Udemy.
- Resources and tools to set your own business up.
- Carer’s allowance contribution not funded by another source.
- IT requirements; for example: laptop, computer, hardware / software, voice recognition programs, IT training.
- Introductory computer-use training tailored to the specific needs of the individual.
- Purchasing training textbooks and reference material (including online resources).
- Additional support; for example, scribe and typing services.
- Help cover transport costs to and from place of work.
- Equipment required for courses and training.
- Professional fees involved in career counselling / planning, resume services, interview coaching, portfolio development.
Applications close 5.00pm on Friday, 3 November, 2023. Winner will be announced at the DisabilityCo Awards Night Ceremony on Friday, 24 November, 2023.